When a water loss occurs in your home, immediate action is vital. Our team is on-call 24 Hours a day, 365 days a year. You will speak to a Live Person, no matter the time or date, and you’re water loss will be expedited to minimize further damage to your personal contents and the structure of your home. If you’re filing the loss through your insurance, we will document the entire process, and work with your insurance company directly, and bill them to ease your worries.
The water damage restoration process begins with a detailed inspection of your property, including a damage assessment. We will identify and stop the source of water, so that the drying process can begin, and also identify the type of water and scope needed to bring your home back to pre-loss conditions.The type of water contamination will affect the specific restoration processes used to restore your property.
Categories of Water
Water that does carry a significant degree of chemical, biological and/or physical contamination is said to be Category 2. Aquarium leaks, waterbed leaks, toilet bowl overflows that contain urine, dishwasher and clothes water discharges, and water which enters the structure through hydrostatic pressure.
With Category 2 water losses, special steps and procedures are necessary in order to return the structure to a pre-loss condition. Hot water extraction must be executed and the underlay of the carpet must be removed and disposed of. Antimicrobials should also be used to mitigate growth of microorganisms especially when there are porous materials that are to be cleaned and restored.
Classes of Water
Along with Categories of water, there are also Classes of Water. Classes of water describe the potential rate of evaporation based upon the amount of water present and the type of material affected. In this session, we will define the different classes of water.
- A concrete basement floor that only absorbed a small amount of water.
- Losses where carpet and pad have been removed and there is no wet gypsum.
- A loss that includes wet carpet, cushion and gypsum wicked less than twenty four inches.
- A structure that was affected by Category 2 water and where the underlay was removed, but wet carpet, drywall and structural materials remain.
- Strong wins damage the roof and rain enters from above, saturating ceilings, walls, flooring materials and structural items.
- Second floor water supply failure saturates entire areas below with large amounts of water.
- Overhead water supply pipes malfunction, saturating entire areas with large amounts of water.
- Plaster and lath walls that are deeply saturated
- Gymnasium floors
- Hardwood floors in residential construction
- Very old construction with multiple layers of building materials
- Dirt floors
Once the inspection and identification of the source has been remedied, the Extraction Process will begin to remove all water from the structure. Then, any affected and unsalvageable materials will be properly removed and disposed of, prior to the complete disinfection of the envelope. This is when the Drying Process begins. Fans, Dehumidifiers, Injecti-Dry and other types of cavity equipment will be used to return the structure pre-loss conditions to prevent further damage and the potential of mold growth. We will monitor the drying process each day until the equipment is removed, and then provide you and/or your insurance company with all necessary paperwork.
It is our expertise and dedication that has led us to win more awards then any other company in our water damage removal service areas. We are the highest rated Water Damage Restoration company with the means to prove it, and our entire staff is IICRC Certified.